Follow your bliss. If you do follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while waiting for you, and the life you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in the field of your bliss, and they open the doors to you. I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be. If you follow your bliss, doors will open for you that wouldn't have opened for anyone else.

Joseph Campbell

Sandra Bierman
The Song Unsung

The song that I came to sing remains unsung to this day.

I have spent my days in stringing and in unstringing my instrument.

The time has not come true, the words have not been rightly set; only there is the agony of wishing in my heart.

The blossom has not opened; only the wind is sighing by.

I have not seen his face, nor have I listened to his voice; only I have heard his gentle footsteps from the road before my house.

The livelong day has passed in spreading his seat on the floor; but the lamp has not been lit and I cannot ask him into my house.

I live in the hope of meeting with him; but this meeting is not yet.
by Rabindranath Tagore

15 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

WOW! This is me, "days spent in stringing and unstringing my life", tears are in my eyes and my heart is full of memories.

The music here carries me along to "that place" where music will take us.

I am a dreamy soul.

Unknown said...

Hi there,
Thank you for following my blog on Google Friend Connect. I have also followed you there. Let's keep in touch. Thanks.

multibrand.blogspot.com

C. JoyBell C. said...

Thank you for following my writings, so that I could discover you! Your blog is beautiful! Spiritual and beautiful! You are in touch with your spirit! With your soul! With your heart! This brings me much joy!!!!!! :) :)

L'Adelaide said...

dear friend, it was such a surprise to find that these beautiful words i was reading were your very own....truly when i followed this link, i did not know it was you i would find at the other end...you can have no idea how completely perfect the timing of finding you here is but i am blessed beyond measure by you this day.

Tears, sorrow, and disappointment are bitter, but wisdom is the comforter in all psychic suffering.

how true, lovie ♥

Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog. I've bookmarked it and will return often.
--Lindsay

kerrdelune said...

WOW, this sounds like me too, and I have always loved Tagore's poem. Bonnie love, I just added you to my list of caravanserais.

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

And oh, the meeting is close...
He is close...

Blessings to you, friend...
All's grace,
Ann

Anonymous said...

I know I will like returning to Song Unsung because there is so much good to discover. Art, quotations, wisdom overflowing . . .What a gift you give to your visitors. - Lindsay

Chatterbox said...

It's my first time here and I glued to your elegant blog both for it's timeless look and the beautiful content :)
I am totally loving it here :)

Cheers!!

Unknown said...

My first time here, too - lovely blog.

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I didn't always put much stock in my dreams--I thought them to be merely a bunch of strange interactions of synapses in my mind. But lately I think the dream-mind has more to tell us than we always like to listen to. I'm starting to be open to that aspect of myself. Thanks for the reminder to listen!

Anonymous said...

I love to dream. My dreams are extremely specific and entertaining. Sometimes I wake up laughing. Sometimes I talk in my sleep. Once I woke up my loved one with these words: 'Simplicity is the Pathway to Peace.' As far as I know, I wasn't even dreaming. That phrase is my touchstone.

PS: your site is part of my blog roll now.

Folkways Note Book said...

Very thoughtful post. Your blog design is intriguing. I am a nature mystic but not from the western religious standpoint. Will stop back in again -- barbara

claire bangasser said...

Thank you, this is beautiful and I can relate to this.

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You

~Ron

Post a Comment